The Office of Ethics and Policy is part of the Division of Institutional Integrity and Risk Management (IIRM).
Purpose of IIRM
- Provides a systemic, disciplined approach to compliance across the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Evaluates and ensures appropriate compliance with Federal and State regulations and University policies.
- Ensures appropriate elevation, accountability, and decision-making of urgent risk and compliance issues.
- Facilitates reporting to the Chancellor, Provost and appropriate Committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Supports and models a Culture of Compliance.
In the video below, office intern Emily Elkas interviews Vice Chancellor for Institutional Integrity and Risk Management George Battle. In the interview, Vice Chancellor Battle addresses his new role, how COVID-19 has affected it, and campus policies regarding risk management.