- This event has passed.
Causes and Outcomes of Persistent Unethical Behavior
October 24, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Why does unethical behavior persist over prolonged periods of time—often as an open secret—in many workplaces? What makes institutions of higher education especially prone to such systems? How can such behavior be stopped, disrupted, or countered? In this session, Professors Drumwright and Cunningham will share their research on networks of complicity and foster discussion about the responding to the enablers of unethical behavior.
Monday, Oct. 24, 12–1:15 p.m.
UNC School of Social Work, Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building
- 12-12:05 p.m.: Introductions and acknowledgements
- 12-12:35 p.m.: Presentation
- 12:35-12:50 p.m.: Panel response
- 12:50–1:15 p.m.: Q&A from audience
- Minette Drumwright, Ph.D. University of Texas-Austin
- Peggy Cunningham, Ph.D. Dalhousie University
- Sue Estroff
- Charles Streeter
- Kim Strom, Ph.D., LISW, Director Office of Ethics and Policy, Smith P. Theimann Distinguished Professor of Ethics and Social Work